Who we are:
At Clearstep, we believe healthcare should be easy. We build technology to make it easy for people to access the most useful, clear next steps for health and care.
Clearstep's Smart Care RoutingTM uses AI chat to improve patient experience and engagement for healthcare organizations, helping patients navigate virtual triage, clinical journeys, and administrative patient services. Our solution is used by leading health systems, payers, digital health providers and other partners including CVS, BayCare Health, HCA Health and Duly Health & Care to increase patient loyalty by 4X, grow new patient revenue, and enable partners to protect their bottom line.
Clearstep has been recognized as a top Chicago startup by The Observer, Built In Chicago, and Full Scale.
Why work with us:
You should consider joining us if you are looking for mission-oriented work, are driven to improve the healthcare experience, are excited to catalyze change in a complex industry, and want to build a solution that can help your friends/family easily navigate healthcare.
Our team is small, but growing quickly and thoughtfully. In the last 18 months, Clearstep users and revenue grew over 50x. We’re also backed by leading investors like RRE, OCA, and Newark VP.
We’re now expanding our team to further accelerate our growth. As a result, there are plenty of opportunities for individual and career growth and to have a significant impact on our trajectory.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with Clearstep’s Product Manager to set design requirements based on information from our product strategy, internal teams, customer accounts, and user research.
- Identify new product improvement opportunities.
- Analyze how a new product satisfies market needs and consumer preferences.
- Stay up to date on current industry trends and market conditions.
- Conduct independent design research on how patients interact with other healthcare products/systems on the market.
- Modify and revise existing designs to meet changing customer & consumer preferences.
- Work closely with product engineers to suggest improvements for products and processes.
- Present product design ideas to cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
- Create wireframes, prototypes, journey maps, personas, and conduct usability tests.
- Collect learnings that are relevant to the product from user feedback and other team members to take action on.
- Proven experience in all phases of the design process including user research, copywriting, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, and usability testing.
- An intuitive eye for customer needs beyond the obvious.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional team members.
- Ability to collect and interpret both qualitative and quantitative feedback.
- A well-rounded portfolio of work especially in the B2B SaaS space, demonstrating a strong understanding of OKRs.
- Ability to effectively communicate and persuade around design concepts.
- Passion for design; not satisfied with the status quo and always thinking of ways to improve.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Dynamic, creative personality, effective at engaging and influencing a variety of audiences.
- Provide assistance to product engineers when needed.
- Recommend new tools and technologies by staying abreast of the latest trends and techniques.
- Closed loop communicator.
- Collaborative and a good team player.
- Adaptable to the pace of a start-up environment.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working within healthcare.
- Start-up experience.
Compensation & benefits:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Stock compensation plan – you’ll be a Clearstep co-owner
- Health insurance
- 401k with 4% match
- Flexible work schedule and PTO
- Strong emphasis on collaborative learning and career development
Clearstep is an equal opportunity employer. We recognize that people from all walks of life must interact with the healthcare system in their lifetimes. We value your unique perspective, and believe that the more our employees represent our users, the better our product will be. Clearstep hires without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.